The Assistant Fund Accountant role will have a focus on accounting for equities funds, as well as working with the Funds Board of Directors to deliver shadow company secretarial services.
- maintaining best practice accounting processes and operating procedures for the funds
- compliance with ASX disclosure requirements
- calculating the net asset value for a number of funds
- processing payments and other transactions
- assisting auditors and other advisors and preparing annual reports
- preparing tax and distribution calculations
- managing share register relationships
- preparing half yearly and yearly financial statements whilst applying and analysing compliance with AIFRS/IFRS
preparing quarterly BAS returns
Your Skills and Experience:
- Part qualified or nearing completion of CA/CPA
- Previous accounting experience within financial services or fund accounting
- High level Academic results in an accounting degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The desire to be part of a highly motivated professional team
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ongoing support, training and mentoring from senior team members
- Attractive salary package
- Young and vibrant culture & regular social events
- Commitment to a healthy work environment with a free healthy breakfast provided each morning
Evans Dixon is an ASX-listed financial services group. Operating through the Evans and Partners, Dixon Advisory, Walsh & Company and E&P brands, Evans Dixon provide a broad range of financial services.
Walsh & Company is a Sydney-based specialist global fund manager co-founded by Max Walsh in 2007. Walsh & Company has a multi-billion dollar portfolio of client assets under management across global equities, residential and commercial property, private equity, fixed income, and sustainable and social investments.
To apply, please include your resume and cover letter.