About the role
Evans Dixon’s Sydney based Finance team is responsible for the financial management of multiple divisions across the company in Australia and in the US.
As a key member of this team, the Assistant Accountant’s role is responsible for the maintenance and processing of the company’s accounts payable and employee expenditure systems, as well as assisting with period-end accounting and cash management procedures.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing incoming invoices and ensuring accurate coding to relevant expense type
- Setting up direct bank transfers for approval and payments
- Assisting in cash flow management by regular reporting on payables status
- Entering and reconciling company credit card statements, general ledger journals and supplier accounts
- Processing employee expense claims into the accounting system
- Assisting with external audit queries during the half-year and full-year audits, as necessary
- Exposure to FBT and GST documentation and reporting requirements
Key responsibilities and duties will increase over time.
Skills and experience
- Completing or completed Accounting degree
- Previous experience working within an Account Payable/ Book Keeping function a plus but not essential
- Strong communication skills and ability to thrive in a team orientated environment
- Assertiveness in dealing internally with staff across the business to ensure internal compliance
- High attention to detail and data entry skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office, particularly Excel
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Attractive salary package with 6 monthly bonus structure
- Comprehensive training which will enable you to excel in this role and make it your own
- A professional and friendly working environment
- Regular social events sponsored by Evans Dixon
- Modern offices in a convenient location
- A free healthy breakfast each morning
- Generous annual fitness rebate
- Access to discounted financial services for you and your family
About Evans Dixon
Evans Dixon is a significant wealth management business in Australia, operating through Dixon Advisory, Evans & Partners, and Walsh & Company. Together, these well-established and values-driven businesses have more than $20 billion in funds under advice, execution and administration, 600 staff, 8,000 members and 7 offices across Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane and New York.
If you believe you have what it takes to be a part of the Evans Dixon Finance team and have the skill set and drive to make this role your own - apply now with your cover letter,resume and academic transcript.