About the Role
The Institutional Trade Support Specialist is responsible for providing superior support to the business and managing the entire lifecycle of an equity trade from start to finish including client onboarding, electronic order connectivity, equity trade bookings and settlements. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for managing the trade processing relationship between E&P and its stakeholders including third party clearers, counterparties, vendors and FIX/OMS/EMS providers.
- Provide support to the ECM team for IPOs and placements. Assist in onboarding and follow up allocations and settlements for clients who participate in corporate transactions.
- Complete KYC (Know Your Client) and DD (Due-Diligence) processes to on-board domestic and off-shore clients and ensure E&P meets its AML/CTF obligations including collecting and verifying customer data.
- Be the main point of contact for electronic connectivity and order routing and set up and configure connections between the end client, OMS/EMS and FIX vendors to send orders to E&P. Assist with IRESS administration, including account and user set-up, and maintenance.
- Identify issues and escalate where appropriate in a timely manner and review current processes for controls, risks and gaps.
- Accurate equity trade capture and booking, reconciliation of client orders between the front office and back office systems, follow up settlement of client trades including liaising with clients, settlement agents, registries and third-party clearers and Trade reporting’s.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Your Skills and Experience
- Between 5-10 years previous experience in trade support/middle office
- Tertiary qualifications in a Commerce, Finance, Economics or related degree (desirable)
- Existing relationships with domestic and offshore clients, vendors, counterparties and third-party clearers
- Strong understanding of AML/CTF rules and adherence to internal and external regulations
- History of project work including streamlining workflows and processes
- Ability to adapt to regulatory or market changes, while still exercising strong attention to detail
- Highly organised with ability to manage multiple demands
- A professional attitude and a desire to exceed client expectations
- Great interpersonal skills to work with and contribute to a team environment
- Systems proficiency including Microsoft Excel, IRESS and IOS Classic and Plus, DTCC Omgeo including CTM (Central Trade Manager) and ALERT.
- Ongoing support, training and mentoring from senior team members
- Attractive salary package and bonus structure
- Young and vibrant culture & regular social events
- Modern offices in convenient location
- Generous fitness rebate
E&P was established in 2018 with the combination of the proven M&A and advisory capability of Fort Street Advisers with the Capital Markets business of Evans and Partners, creating a business with approximately sixty staff across Corporate Advisory, Institutional and Research. The collective strength of E&P is in delivering clients high-quality acquisition and investment ideas, strong execution capability and access to a team of highly experienced professionals with long and successful track records in the investment banking industry, all within a boutique environment.